Day 1, Thu: Istanbul
Arrival and transfer to hotel. Welcome briefing.
Day 2, Fri: Istanbul
Enjoy a full day tour including a visit to Topkapi Palace Museum, residence of the Ottoman Sultans between 1453–1852 (Excluding Harem). Visit the Hippodrome, which was once the center of life where chariot racing and other public events took place. Tour the Blue Mosque built between 1609 and 1616, famous for its blue ceramic tiles. Next see St. Sophia, a church built in the 6th century Byzantine capital, converted to a mosque by the Ottomans, and now a museum and one of the world’s greatest architectural wonders. Your last stop will be the famous Grand Bazaar, the world’s largest and oldest covered market with over 60 streets (B).
Optional: Dinner with belly dancing entertainment
Day 3, Sat: Istanbul-Gallipoli-Dardanelles-Canakkale
In the morning depart for Gallipoli, the site of many battles during WWI. Visit Anzac Cove, Lone Pine Cemetery and Chunuk Bair, then cross the Dardanelles to Canakkale for overnight (B, D).
Day 4, Sun: Canakkale-Troy-Pergamum-Izmir
Visit Troy with its famous wooden horse, best known for being the setting of the Trojan War and many cities built on top of each other. Before arriving into Asclepion, enjoy lunch with locals in a traditional local village. Then continue to Pergamum to visit the ancient Medical Center in Asclepion and continue to Izmir for overnight (B, L, D).
Day 5, Mon: Izmir-Ephesus & St. Mary’s House-Izmir
Tour the famous ruins of Ephesus, an important cultural center of the ancient world, and explore 2,000 year-old marble streets, the Theater, the Library of Celsius, the Gymnasium and Hadrian’s Temple. Take a short drive to see St. Mary’s Stone Cottage where it is believed Virgin Mary spent her last years accompanied by St. John. Continue to a regional rug production center to have a firsthand experience of this unique art form (B).
Optional: Dinner at local restaurant.
Day 6, Tue: Izmir-Kusadasi Port
Morning transfer to Kusadasi pier to catch ferry or cruise (B).
* This is an excellent itinerary for connecting to Greece. Clients can embark on a cruise, take a ferry to Samos or catch a flight to Greece
|Departure Dates (2018)||Per Person in US Dollar|
|Apr 19, 26
May 03, 10, 17, 24, 31
Jun 07, 14, 21, 28
Jul 05, 19
Aug 02, 23, 30
Sep 06, 13, 20, 27
Oct 04, 11, 18, 25
|*The designated rate pertains to GROUP tours. Please inquire for the PRIVATE rates
**Single Room Supplement: $350
Swissotel Grand Efes
Our Rates Include:
* Arrival and departure airport/port transfers on the first and last days of the tours regardless the flight times.
Additional fees may apply for the other locations
* English speaking government licensed guides throughout the tour
Additional fees apply for the other languages that can be served on only private basis
* Private air-conditioned vehicles the size of which depends on the number of the participants, unless specified as walking tours
* Accommodation at the hotels with private facilities on the designated board, meals as indicated on the itinerary by the code letters (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
* Admission fees
* Local taxes and service charges
Our Rates Exclude:
* Personal expenses
* Customary tips to the guides and drivers
* Anything that is not designated as included* These tours are guaranteed without any minimum person requirement on the designated dates